POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Unique Residential Care Center
Unique Residential Care Center (URCC) is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to coordinate and implement the Volunteer Program to adequately serve residents’ social, recreational and spiritual needs. The Volunteer Coordinator plans the scope of the Volunteer Services Program; recruits and orients new volunteers, arranges for their training and placement, implements and tracks program activities, and supervision of the program. The role involves assessing and meeting the organization’s needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers. The Coordinator shall also serve as the staffer for the Resident Community Advisory Board (RCAB) and organize all fundraising activities and events (minimum of two per year). This position is vital to enhancing the organization’s brand and increasing its visibility in the community, and therefore, reports to the Vice President, Strategy and Operations.
• Maintain a friendly, respectful, helpful attitude toward residents, their families, staff, volunteers and visitors.
• Recruit and interview volunteers to determine their aptitude, abilities and other qualifications.
• Orient, train, place, and supervise all volunteers, keep volunteers informed concerning residents’ rights, confidentiality, and other relevant resident issues.
• Develop volunteer job descriptions and handbook and maintain a system of recording volunteer hours, provide feedback to volunteers, and provide recognition during Volunteer Week.
• Find creative ways in which to raise funds for residents’ needs and desires.
• Establish a system to track donations to RCAB and generate correspondence and other documents (i.e. thank you letters).
• Work closely with the URCC’s Recreation Department (i.e. ensure the paperwork for the Pet Program is in compliance with animal licenses and shots) and universities, businesses, churches and the community-at-large to promote inter-generational activities and volunteerism.
• Responsible for coordinating the maintenance and insurance-related matters regarding the bus used by residents for recreational activities that fall under RCAB.
• Generate monthly reports regarding volunteer and RCAB activities and outcomes.
• Coordinating auxiliary services for residents, such as (gift shop, boutique, hairdresser, and barber shop); and assist residents with purchases, shopping for clothing, banking and other duties involving resident needs.
• Attend URCC’s recreational events, draft the program agendas and capture pictures for newsletters, flyers, brochures, etc.
• Order supplies as needed for volunteer and RCAB activities.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EXERTION:
• Work area is clean, well-lighted, heated and ventilated properly.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases in the course of work.
• Work inside/outside of facility.
• Minimum of 40 hours per week; schedule must be flexible (including Holidays) to meet with volunteers and/or staff on evenings and weekends as necessary for efficient job performance.
• This position is classified as exempt and is not eligible for overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standards Acts.
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelors Degree and three to five years of experience in volunteer management preferred.
• Excellent organization, time management and communication skills.
• Proficient in basic IT functions (email, MS Word, Google search, etc.).
• Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to motivate others.
• Enjoy facilitating presentations for various stakeholder groups.
• Comfortable w/measuring and tracking data.
• Reports directly to the Vice President, Strategy and Operations.
• Significant interaction with recreation staff, and volunteers.